Our composted wood chips are chipped tree trimmings that have had time to break down and have composted for 3 or more months. A perfect choice for shrub beds, natural areas, garden pathways and around trees.
Wood chips will decompose over time becoming a dark, organically-rich, mulch material. This mulch enriches your soil with nutrients and helps to prevent erosion. By simply adding a generous layer of wood chip mulch you’ll be suppressing weeds while giving your plants and trees what they really need.
Advantages of Wood Chips
- Wood chips are environmentally and economically a good thing!
- Our chips are not dyed or chemically treated.
- Do not contain wood recycled from the lumber and paper industries.
- Bark mulches do NOT have the carbon to nitrogen ratio that creates a good gardening mulch.
- Wood chips also absorb moisture and tend to break down more slowly than shredded mulches.
How to Apply Wood Chips
Wood chips should be applied at a depth of 4 to 6 inches to achieve optimum benefits. The chips will begin to break down and will settle after a few weeks. Like any organic mulch, they need to be replenished periodically to keep providing weed suppression and water conservation benefits.
Customer Pick-up / Delivery
- Pick-Up – Appointment Required
We will load your truck with our tractor. An average pick-up with a eight foot bed can carry up to 2 yards. Once you have placed your order please call Zac 603 483-5623 x109 to arrange a time for you to pick up your order.
- We Can Deliver to You
Transportation & Handling fees are calculated on the CHECKOUT page. We are able to transport up to 8 yards at a time. Once we have received your order we will call you with in a day or so to schedule the delivery. (Calculations online are for up to one hour away. If you live further away please call for a quote)